Linzer Graffiti Meeting #2 – friendly supported by IRIEDAILY
Tobacco factory in Linz once again becomes a stage for graffiti artists
Graffiti is probably one of the most demanding but also most controversial art forms. The artworks that spill from the artist’s mind into the public space are either loved or hated. This makes it all the more important to give street art artists a space where they can legally give their creativity freedom.
The artist Lord Shed (Erich Willner) therefore initiated the event “Linzer Graffiti Meeting” last year at the Schule des Ungehorsams. On 21 & 22 September 2019 the event will head into its second round!
This year again the best and most talented artists of the graffiti scene will come together to spray the tobacco factory in Linz. Hundreds of square metres of free walls are available at this innovative location. Visitors to the event will have the unique opportunity to watch the artists working. Admission is free!
There will also be a new exhibition at Mural Harbor (a large graffiti and muralismo gallery). The girls from the B-Girl Circle will show their best breakdance moves during DJane Helix’s live DJ performance and talented skaters will be able to compete at the skate contest. There’s even prize money woop woop! A discussion on the topic “Who owns the public space” is also part of the programme.
The exhibitions of the Schule des Ungeoborsams are open as well. In the evening, you can look forward to live hip hop from misses U and Large Professor (US), who will be performing a solo performance in Austria for the first time. Aftershowparty at the Solaris!
Aroy Thai will provide you with the finest Thai food, and there will also be a barbecue.
– 10-12:30h Graffiti Workshop
– 13-17h B-Girl Circle Open Cypher with DJane Helix
– 13:30-14:30h Kids Breakdance Battle
– 14-17h Skate Contest hosted by Radix Skateshop
– 15-16h Guided tour through the exhibitions HADERER and DOAA EL-ADL
– 16-17h Podium “Street art and advertising – who owns the public space?” with Univ.-Profin. Dr.in Ilaria Hoppe (Institute for Art in Contemporary Contexts and Media), Leonhard Gruber (Mural Harbor), Julia Kolda (lawyer)
– 17-18h Throw-Up Battle hosted by DJ Phekt
– 18:30-19:30h Misses U (Live Hip Hop)
– 19:30-20:30h Large Professor (Live Hip Hop)
– 20:30-22h DJ finish
– 22h Closed doors
– From 22:30h Aftershow party “State of YO!” with DJ Phekt, DJ Dan (Texta), DJ Url at Solaris
– Tobacco factory with graffiti open for spectators
– Open exhibitions „Gerhard Haderer“, „Doaa El-Adl: Die Welt der Frau” (Schule des Ungehorsams) und „Kunst, Krimi & Kommerz” (Mural Harbor)
– From 16h live music in the setting of the „Sunday Acoustic Sessions”
What: 2. Linzer Graffiti Meeting
When: 21 & 22 September 2019
Where: Schule des Ungehorsams, Peter-Behrens Platz 7-9, 4020 Linz